August 5th and 26th, 2014 Terra L. Fletcher presented four-hour workshops at Georgia Pacific in partnership with Northeast Wisconsin Technical College. Here are some handouts from the class.
- KCS Coaching documents by DBKay and Associates
- What Every Body is Saying by Joe Navarro
- Becoming a Category of One by Joe Calloway
- Idiot’s Guide to Copywriter’s Words and Phrases
- BAM! Bust a Myth
- Gregg Reference Manual by Barry J. Moltz and Mary Jane Grinstead
- What to Say to Get What you Want by Sam Deep and Lyle Sussman
About the Class
Coach to CRM: Best Practices for Writing Documents for Georgia Pacific Internal and External Customers
- Participants will learn to write and evaluate documents efficiently
- Understand principles behind good writing
- Present material at an appropriate level of detail without excess jargon
- Use consistent formats and standards
- Be more comfortable coaching
This course will cover best practices for business and management writing. Instruction and exercises will be geared to individuals working in CSR, CSM, and GP Express who will be working with Q&A and supportive documents. We will cover roles of candidates, contributors, coaches, and publishers with a focus on coaching.
Learn how to create clear, concise documents in less time. Specific needs to be highlighted include the benefits of being direct and conversational, answering questions, providing solutions, using an active voice, and making publications easier to read. We’ll learn about pre-writing and organization as well as the importance of considering the audience.
Following these four-hour courses Georgia Pacific employees will be confident in their ability to create quality documents and be more comfortable coaching. Attendees will be equipped for CRM rollout in September.
*Custom training and technical assistance available. Call Fletcher at 715-584-6773 today.