Terra L. Fletcher presented Professional Presence and Presentation on Thursday October 9, 2014 at Northeast Wisconsin Technical College in Green Bay.
About the Class
One of our most common fears is public speaking. What are we so afraid of? We’re unlikely to suffer any real or lasting harm — or are we? How do you handle presenting to a few people or a thousand? The words we use as well as what people see in our eyes, movements, and actions determine how we’re viewed, judged, hired, and promoted. Our professional presence and presentation determines whether we command attention of our audience, whether or not we get what we want. Implementing the tips you learn in this four-hour workshop will have you well on your way to giving better presentations.
Participants in this workshop will gain confidence in extemporaneous delivery and formal presentations, learning how to become part of the message. In this activity-filled seminar you’ll have the opportunity to join in personal and group activities. We’ll be presenting, videotaping, acting out intense situations, and maybe even doing a little improv.
Professional Presence and Presentation will cover:
- The three components of an attention keeping presentation
- Best practices for content, design, and delivery
- Effective techniques for structuring presentations to reach people who learn in different ways
- How to speak assertively and confidently
- Tips for dressing appropriately when appearance matters
- How to respond to tough situations (know-it-alls, unprepared participants, the after lunch presentation, and more)
- How to Ask for and Get What you Want by Sam Deep and Lyle Sussman
- What Every Body is Saying by Joe Navarro
*Custom training available! Call 715-584-6773 today.